Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Up-cycling Terrariums

 It's rainy...Our winter has had little snow for the small mountain town we live in.

I started to think about spring.... What things I want to grow around here. Projects for outside once the ground thaws and decided to begin inside.

We have a reclaimed building supply business in town and they had a tub of new round light fixture bulbs for $1 each.  I picked up a few for a some ideas that I am excited about.  



I wrapped copper jewelry wire around the base and top and strung three together to hang. I was thinking about the old Japanese fishing floats and wanted them to look similar. Twine would work well with theses too. I planted them with some small plant starts that have been in my kitchen window.  I am pleased with how they turned out.  They don't seem to be accumulating condensation as much as a closed terrarium, so I water them occasionally.

I also planted a few in some small pottery pieces we have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment